Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

DEDICATIONS: MY ROCK, KIKA - "Secret" by Madonna My Girl KIKA. What a blessing she has been! I named her KIKA after the title character in Pedro Almodovar's film, "Kika". Pedro, one of my fave directors, discusses the character on ClubCultura.com, which links through from his website, PedroAlmodovar.ES, saying that KIKA is "a character of an almost surrealistic optimism". You probably wouldn't be surprised to know that I have been wanting to blog about her since day one. But that day belonged to IGNACIO. Yesterday I was just too busy (there were only two blogs yesters.) I have been planning this all day and previously announced that intention in my PREVIEW post. As I mentioned in my I'M NOT SURE WHAT's GOING ON HERE post, I queued up "Secret" by Madonna to start my commute to work. That song is what I call an I M P A C T song, or what would get * * * * * (five stars) in my iTunes. As opposed to the J A M S, which are just as good, but those songs tend not to resonate spiritually as much as the I M P A C T S. The main thing that resonates with jams is the BASS in your speaker. It's physical. And they get * * * * just to differentiate them from the I M P A C T S. A blog very soon will talk about how song ratings enhance your listening experience in iTunes. This song is an I M P A C T song because EVERY WORD RESONATES. Kika shared her secret with me and I realized that happiness is in my own hands. I nevter even understood (something that Madonna sings in this song) what this song was about until recently, and KIKA was the reason for that. I sometimes joke to friends that KIKA is my mother reincarnated. I believe that wherever we go we try to recreate our families. My mother was my ROCK and now KIKA is. Whether KIKA is my mother reincarnate or not (I wonder how many lives she's had since 1995, the year that she died), I have relished the role of taking care of her. And she takes care of me, too. PLEASE, watch the video and listen to the whole song. The whole thing resonates for me. A SECRET is something inside of you that burns to be let out. KIKA came and sat in my lap twice while I was writing this post. PEACE OUT, MT P.S. Today I am fondly recalling that this song came out 9/28/1994, a period of time when I was in love in an adult relationship for the first time in my life. I was part of a great pack of friends, all living in either Baltimore or DC. I lived in a row house in DC with my lover and there were trans hookers trafficking outside our bedroom window on any given night. This reminds me of Samantha on Sex & The City in the episode where she had an encounter with some fierce street walkers outside her window in the meat packing district of NYC. KIKA'S NIGHT OUT (UNEDITED) PART I





My Girl KIKA.  What a blessing she has been!  I named her KIKA after the title character in Pedro Almodovar's film, "Kika".  Pedro, one of my fave directors, discusses the character on ClubCultura.com, which links through from his website, PedroAlmodovar.ES, saying that KIKA is "a character of an almost  surrealistic optimism".  You probably wouldn't be surprised to know that I have been wanting to blog about her since day one.  But that day belonged to IGNACIO.  Yesterday I was just too busy (there were only two blogs yesters.)

I have been planning this all day and previously announced that intention in my PREVIEW post.

As I mentioned in my I'M NOT SURE WHAT's GOING ON HERE post, I queued up "Secret" by Madonna to start my commute to work.  That song is what I call an I M P A C T song, or what would get * * * * * (five stars) in my iTunes.  As opposed to the J A M S, which are just as good, but those songs tend not to resonate spiritually as much as the I M P A C T S.  The main thing that resonates with jams is the BASS in your speaker.  It's physical.  And they get * * * * just to differentiate them from the I M P A C T S.  A blog very soon will talk about how song ratings enhance your listening experience in iTunes.

This song is an I M P A C T song because EVERY WORD RESONATES.  Kika shared her secret with me and I realized that happiness is in my own hands.  I nevter even understood (something that Madonna sings in this song) what this song was about until recently, and KIKA was the reason for that.  

I sometimes joke to friends that KIKA is my mother reincarnated.  I believe that wherever we go we try to recreate our families.  My mother was my ROCK and now KIKA is.  Whether KIKA is my mother reincarnate or not (I wonder how many lives she's had since 1995, the year that she died), I have relished the role of taking care of her.  And she takes care of me, too.

PLEASE, watch the video and listen to the whole song.  The whole thing resonates for me.


A SECRET is something inside of you that burns to be let out.  

KIKA came and sat in my lap twice while I was writing this post.  PEACE OUT, MT

P.S.  Today I am fondly recalling that this song came out  9/28/1994, a period of time when I was in love in an adult relationship for the first time in my life.  I was part of a great pack of friends, all living in either Baltimore or DC.  I lived in a row house in DC with my lover and there were trans hookers trafficking outside our bedroom window on any given night.  This reminds me of Samantha on Sex & The City in the episode where she had an encounter with some fierce street walkers outside her window in the meat packing district of NYC.


KIKA'S NIGHT OUT (UNEDITED) PART I























SECRET KIKA PEACE MT

No comments:

Post a Comment